Wednesday, 28 March 2012
No More Insecurities
I used to be insecure with myself. I always feel down and think that others life are better than me. That they're living their life to the fullest. As I grew older, I said to myself, "Why the hell that I'm sitting here being insecure when I can go out there explore myself and explore the world?" People around us always try to make us down and give up but we shouldn't allow that. Regardless of what they say, we can't shut everyone's mouth. It's not possible. You can pay the psychiatrist, attend motivation camp but if you don't want to motivate yourself, then all the money and the time spent are for nothing. So, what did I do to get off the insecurities?
1. Talk to Yourself
Talking to yourself doesn't make you crazy. We always listen to others. Some says things that make sense but others are crap. You can listen to others but don't forget to listen to yourself.
2. Be Yourself
Don't be someone else just to please other people. I used to change and try to become someone else until some point I don't even know myself. The worst thing is to lose yourself. Trust me, I'm still recovering myself and thank God I able to gather back missing piece of me. Be yourself or be a better YOU. That's make you happier than pleasing someone that may not appreciate you.
3. Love and Appreciate Yourself
Nobody will love you if you don't love yourself. Stop whining about the negative things that you have. Stop saying you're ugly and fat and hate yourself. Appreciate all the positive things you have, you may look skinny to other people (like me) but you're healthy. You have the advantage to eat anything you want without worrying of gaining weight. If you think you're ugly, learn how make yourself look prettier and attractive. Lots of woman nowadays actually are not really pretty but they learn how to make up, dress up and end up looking attractive. There's a side of our mind that always keep thinking of negative things but counter that with positive things.
4. Get a Hobby
Get a hobby if you don't have one. Something that can give you satisfaction and make you feel good about yourself. Some people even turn the hobby into business. Like one of my friend, she likes to bake. Cakes and cupcakes now turnout to be home business. She's still studying and she earns income with her hobby.
5. Find Someone Who Can Motivate You
It can be friends or someone special. If you want to find a guy or a lady, find someone who can encourage and motivate you, not the one who always de-motivate you. Same goes to friends. When you always be around people who think positive, you will think like them. The negative aura will bring you down.
6. It's Time to Change
Set a target of what changes that required to be a better you. Even if you went to a makeover but after that still be the same you, it's such a waste of time. Two of my colleagues always says that they are going to diet and to gym since early of this year but end up eating more. Early this week, two of them being strict to themselves and sign up for the gym that located in the same building. One of them hire a personal trainer, eating healthy foods and dedicated for the time they spend. It's their resolution this year to slim down and being fit. Honestly, I felt so proud of their efforts even though there's no more lunch together. You need to do what you want to do, not whining about it.
This is all I can think of right now. If I have other and maybe you want to share yours, just drop that at the comment and if it's suitable I will add it here. These are what I did even though it takes time but in the end it's worth it. I proud of myself of what I achieve so far and thanks to Mr Hall for all the encouragement. So, what are you waiting for?
*All tips above are based on my experiences.
Labels:
Self-motivate Tips
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment